Welcome!

My name is Melissa and I am a single mother of two beautiful children.
I have a wonderful son who is 3 and a half and a daughter who is two. I am blogging my life as I learn to adjust my life from one step to another and trying to find a way to keep up with my artistic hobbies while doing it.

Friday, October 29, 2010

Downtown Treat Trail!

So I took my son to the Downtown Treat Trail today. Maybe not using a stroller wasn't such a good idea, though it made it easier to wade through the huge crowd of children and parents trying to get their kids first to the candy bucket. We never did finish the whole trail, for one it was way too crowded and overwhelming for a one year old, and for two my son was tired of walking and wanted to hug every person he passed.  We never made it to either of the malls as well because I figured that he had more than enough junk and he cant even eat most of it. (Lucky me! =D ) Everywhere we went people were constantly complimenting my little fire fighter. I notced and excessive amount of girls all dressed as princesses and boys as storm troopers. Kudos to the guy in the WD40 costume though, it made me giggle. I was hoping to see more original costumes but that just goes to show how lazy we have become towards dressing our child for something that only lasts a couple hours. I swear I will always make sure to go all out on my childrens costumes from here on out. Halloween is far to fun of an event for me to want to be so lazy and I am sad that I didn't put more effort into this year but I also understand that I really didn't have the time being so prego and chasing a one year old constantly around the house so he will stop pulling everything out of all the drawers. Got to love how rambunctious toddlers get at this stage.  I find it is getting quite hard to keep up with him at this point, what with my hip being all hurtin and what not, not to mention my fiance works for a large chunk of our sons waking hours so it quite often just me and our son at home. Tuesdays are very important for us because I enjoy taking my son to the Healthiest Babies Possible Program at the Family Resource Center from 10:30am to 1pm. Its very educational, I get to talk to actual people who don't just speak with words such as 'da', 'ba', 'ga', and 'ma', and not to mention the amazing food that Carol and Anna cook. Nom Nom Nom..... Anyways I just realized I definitely went off topic there. Back to the treat trail. I was a bit sad to not make it to the haunted house/ pawn shop, it looked interesting and definitely worth checking out but also probably not suitable for a toddler.  There seemed to be an excessive amount of traffic on the side roads downtown who looked extremely angry about the large number of people and children crossing the streets as if they felt that those people had no right to be holding them up any longer. What is with people who drive thinking that people who walk are inconveniencing them. I mean seriously, you have a car you can get to your destination on time if you time it right and leave a few minutes ealry so you can skip the whole road rage and glaring at the poor people who just want to cross the street. It is especially irritating when drivers act like this when it is cold and/ or raining, your in a warm/ dry vehicle so stop complaining. RAWR!!!! LoL.

No comments:

Post a Comment