Welcome!

My name is Melissa and I am a single mother of two beautiful children.
I have a wonderful son who is 3 and a half and a daughter who is two. I am blogging my life as I learn to adjust my life from one step to another and trying to find a way to keep up with my artistic hobbies while doing it.

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Today is Halloween and much much more....

So I checked the contest site yesterday of the pumpkin contest I entered. Not so surprisingly, I did not win. Lol. The winning pumpkins were amazing, but only gave me a huge amount of motivation to make something even more epic then the pumpkins that were there. So next year I have a theme decided for my pumpkin.... well pumpkins ;). I am going to use about 10 pumpkins for a collaborative display and it is going to be a Naked Gnome Race! I am also going to try and some how put in the tram that goes between Ironforge and Stormwind. Unless of course the expansion kills the tram system. If that happens I will simply find a better place to put into the pumpkins. I think it will be quite amusing. I am of course also going to do a set of pumpkins up for Logan to enter into the contest as well. Lol. I know he really wanted to enter but does not have the skill required to enter such a contest and hey might as well double our chances of winning. =D So Halloween party today at 3. We will see how it goes. I am excited because I love Halloween, and I know it will be great fun for Vincent. I am anxious and cautious towards it because I feel like it is going to be extremely awkward considering I know a couple of the other parents going do not like me. But I am going to just say screw it and go regardless. Just because they are hideous swamp trolls who like to ruin the lives of those around them, I am not going to let it affect me. I will still be civil and nice to everyone, because I actually enjoy being nice to people, but if they say or do anything rude towards me or my son then they will be extremely sorry. I am not one to take such things lightly. I know the whole do unto others as you would have them do unto you is a huge thing and I believe everyone deserves chances, but I dislike being treated poorly and I admit I can be quite a mean person when backed into a corner. These are traits that I am not even ashamed of because no one should ever allow people to walk on them or treat them like garbage. Be good to others but don't let people get away with treating others like garbage either. That is something I hope to teach my children. That way I know they will never let others bully them, but also that they won''t become bullies themselves. Hmmmm. I am noticing that my blogs turn into rants. Lol. Oh well if anyone doesn't like it then they can just choose not to read it. I enjoy having this as a way to convey my thoughts and feelings without having to care what others think. Of course it's impossible to not care what other people think, it is something that's is forced into our education ever since we are small children. Always forced to learn that you need the approval of someone to know that you are doing good enough. Anyways thats enough ranting and blogging for the day. I'm sure I will be back to do more later.

1 comment:

  1. Its always nice to know that someone knows how to crash a kids halloween party. Considering you weren't invited and just desided to to invite yourself. I know for me personally I would feel uncomfortable to show up knowing full well that nobody there liked me. As I was informed and you are fully aware that the people who did talk to you were just talking to you because its the polite thing to do considering it was a kids party. Also I think that you really need to grow up and stop calling them hideous swamp trolls because they are nice people who actually know how to take care of their son and you have no room to talk when it comes to looks and your fiancee! Sothe next time you feel like crashing a party make sure that you atleast have one friend there =)

    ReplyDelete