Welcome!

My name is Melissa and I am a single mother of two beautiful children.
I have a wonderful son who is 3 and a half and a daughter who is two. I am blogging my life as I learn to adjust my life from one step to another and trying to find a way to keep up with my artistic hobbies while doing it.

Friday, October 22, 2010

First Time Blogging

Well here goes. This is my first attempt at blogging. I would like to keep a blog about life as a stay at home mom. Its strange to realize home much your life can change in such a short time. Its weird for me to think just 5 years ago I had just finished high school. Back then I never could imagine having a son as amazing as mine, and not to mention that I would be expecting a little girl soon as well. I also never would have guessed that I would be planning a wedding. I always thought that though I did want to have a significant other to share my life with, I never saw myself getting married or having kids.  Though we aren't actually married yet, I have been putting off the wedding plans, originally planned for next May, because I can't overcome the fact of how expensive weddings are these days. Not to mention I really hate spending excessive amounts of money for something that will only be a day, even if the memories will last a life time. I have been looking forward to that day but at the same time fearing it, not entirely sure why. I have never been happier then I am with life now. I also have never had a man as amazing as he is. :) Sure like every relationship there is up and downs but when it comes right down to it he is so kind and takes really good care of me and our son and child on the way. :) Our son has been the best thing so far in my life and has been an amazing learning experience. Its  fun to be able to play and teach him new things and watch as his personality develops more and more everyday.  He really is an amazing little guy. He would rather eat fruit and veggies over anything else :) just like his mama :) makes me so happy to see his preferences are healthy. He doesn't like to drink a lot of juice, he loves milk but his favorite thing to drink is water, he always wants to drink water from our water bottles. He loves to help me dress him and loves to go outside to play. He also loves it when we read to him. Sometimes its scary to think soon I will have two little monsters to chase after but then I look at his smile and it just seems so perfect and no matter how frustrating it can be when he does typical toddler like things like pulling all the tea towels out of the drawers, I look forward to having to little snugglers :) two amazing beautiful children to read to and play with. No matter what happens in life I can always count on my son's smile to cheer me up. I never knew the true depths of love until I had my son growing in my little belly, and everyday that love grows more and more. Its definitely one of those things I never would have believed if you had told me 5 years ago. But I think that is enough for my very first post. I need to save some stuff for future posts ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment