Welcome!

My name is Melissa and I am a single mother of two beautiful children.
I have a wonderful son who is 3 and a half and a daughter who is two. I am blogging my life as I learn to adjust my life from one step to another and trying to find a way to keep up with my artistic hobbies while doing it.

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Halloween part 2!

So I have changed my mind about trying to put together those costumes and instead am dressing my son up as a firefighter. The lady who runs the baby group I go to gave us this amazing firefighter costume for him. The only thing missing from it was the hat, which seems to be ridiculously impossible to find. I have seen them separately sold in dollar stores in the toy sections repeatedly through out the year but apparently for Halloween they are only available to be bought with an entire costume.... and the costumes they come with definitely are not worth paying for. So my pumpkin is already wilting but that was to be expected considering how thin I had to make the walls to etch the image of the dragon in properly so the light could shine through with nice effect. On the upside I have another pumpkin to carve before Halloween so hopefully I can find the inspiration to do something even better though I doubt I have the time or patience to finish it in time. I have yet to find an easy costume for myself so I think I will skip dressing up this year and maybe just tell everyone I am a MILF or a Pedestrian/ Civilian or whatever witty comment comes to mind when I'm asked. That and I'm way too cheap to wanna spend 8.99 on a cat ears headband..... I mean come on that is ridiculous for a stupid headband.... especially for a dollar store price. I mean isn't the point of a dollar store to have things at the price of... you know... a dollar!!!!!!!!!!!! RAWR! Lol! (And yes I know a lot of people do not appreciate the lack of grammar and the use of excessive acronyms but I mean who cares I don't do it because I cant use proper English or spell I do it because I think it is is an accurate enough depiction of what I am trying to say.)
Well, that is all the time I have for today but I am trying to work out a decent schedule for blogging, and I guess I use this for ranting about stupid things as well but I suppose that does not matter because I honestly don't think any one actually reads this lol.

2 comments:

  1. Lol. I read this :) And I like it too, so keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha. I think you could do a whole rant about dollar store pricing!

    ReplyDelete