Welcome!

My name is Melissa and I am a single mother of two beautiful children.
I have a wonderful son who is 3 and a half and a daughter who is two. I am blogging my life as I learn to adjust my life from one step to another and trying to find a way to keep up with my artistic hobbies while doing it.

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Christmas.... Oh how expensive you are... lol

I was planning out my Christmas shopping and realized that I had to find a place to hide my hubby's Christmas gifts. Well I decided since the presents are too large to be able to hide any where and too heavy for me to really move them around much by myself I would just wrap them right away. So yesterday I wanted to put up the tree but hubby decided it was time for a new tree because our smaller tree wasn't perfect. I am not one to want to spend money on something we already have but it is nice to have a bigger prettier tree. Though Im still unsure if it is worth $150 for a stupid tree that only gets used once a year lol. We also got some new decorations since we didn't have a lot last year or the year before. Of course while we were out just getting the basics for Christmas hubby spotted a new door rug for the front porch because he did not like our old one, and then also got one for inside the doorway, and also a shoe rack for our shoes (though I was the one who suggested to get that since our shoes were everywhere because our son likes to try and wear them.) Overall not including shopping for presents we spent over 300$ on Christmas stuff and stuff for the house we needed. And have I mentioned my extreme dislike for spending money and shopping? lol. Though after the tree was up and hubby went to work, the neighbours were kind enough to watch my son for me while another friend of mine was kind enough to go with me to the store to buy my hubby's Christmas gifts. I found most of the stuff I needed to and even found some extra stuff for our son. He is so over spoiled this Christmas that I want to cancel Christmas for at least another two years. lol. And by he i mean both my hubby and son because I went a little overboard on their gifts, but couldn't help it. The funny thing is when hubby asks me what I want for Christmas and most of the stuff that comes to mind is stuff for our daughter who is due in January. The only other things I could think of were Dungeons and Dragons books from amazon.ca because they are all on special and I would like my own copies so I don't always have to borrow from every one else. I could not even guess at anything else I want let a lone need, because the only things I think of are things for the kids lol. >.<

No comments:

Post a Comment