Welcome!

My name is Melissa and I am a single mother of two beautiful children.
I have a wonderful son who is 3 and a half and a daughter who is two. I am blogging my life as I learn to adjust my life from one step to another and trying to find a way to keep up with my artistic hobbies while doing it.

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Teething baby!

So my 14 month old son has been teething a lot. Up until recently we had these amazing teething tables by Hyland's we were using. Unfortunately there were too many parents automatically giving kids the highest dose and a lot not even following the directions at all and overdosing their children, so now the product has been recalled leaving a lot of us totally stumped as to something to help our little guys out without resorting to pain medication. I heard from a lady at the Lift The Lip program here that she uses an amber teething necklace, which I thought was very interesting but was a bit skeptical. After two days of him screaming and being so sick because of his teeth I finally decided I needed to try it. Well he has had it on since yesterday afternoon and although it is not an instantaneous result, it seems to be working amazingly. He has stopped screaming, his fever has gone down, and he is in a generally better mood. I know he is still teething and it does bother him, but the only thing he seems to need to make it through so far is that necklace, something to chew on, and some snuggles. :)

3 comments:

  1. I got it at nurtured by nature it was only 22$ before tax :) or if your on a budget you can order them on the interweb!

    ReplyDelete