Welcome!

My name is Melissa and I am a single mother of two beautiful children.
I have a wonderful son who is 3 and a half and a daughter who is two. I am blogging my life as I learn to adjust my life from one step to another and trying to find a way to keep up with my artistic hobbies while doing it.

Saturday, November 6, 2010

The dark side of pregnancy!

Well as amazing it is to be given the gift of life in my belly, there seems to be a darker side. My first pregnancy I had bad round ligament pains and my hip also was hurting for some odd reason. I managed to make it through it without breaking. Round 2: it appears that this time around the ligament pains are a bit worse, as well as the hip pain. My Dr. wants me to get a hip x-ray after the baby is born to make sure its nothing serious. Ive also noticed an extreme amount of pressure on both hips and my pelvic bone this time around that I never experienced with my first. It has been getting to the point where rolling over in bed or trying to sit up in the morning is extremely painful, not too mention how much it hurts to just walk around. It is impossible for me to not walk around being as I have a 14 month old to chase all day, and I also have to walk everywhere since I do not drive. The icing on the cake would be these annoying things called Braxton Hicks contractions..... not normally painful but added with my hip and ligament pains they can be quite debilitating. As I am just over the 30 week mark as of last Tuesday, and still have just over 9 weeks left to go, I am becoming more sore and it is getting harder to keep up with my normal activities, not to mention my son who is at the age where he is getting into EVERYTHING!!!! lol. He recently discovered how to climb onto the chairs in the dining room, and also to climb into his highchair and use it to get onto the bookshelves.... >.< I wish there was some way to make it easier, the only real effective way I have found to make it hurt less is by having a nice warm bath, but then there is the problem of trying to balance myself to get out of the bath with out my hip giving out.... and being as my hubby works evenings it also makes it hard because I can not get his help to do so after monkey goes to bed. I'm starting to wonder if investing into a heating pad might be worth it, but to have something you will only use for a month and a half seems like a bit of a waste to me. Oh well we will see how it goes, I know I will make it through it is just a bit harder this time around.

No comments:

Post a Comment