Welcome!

My name is Melissa and I am a single mother of two beautiful children.
I have a wonderful son who is 3 and a half and a daughter who is two. I am blogging my life as I learn to adjust my life from one step to another and trying to find a way to keep up with my artistic hobbies while doing it.

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Keeping organized....

So everyday I come across the epic battle between keeping my house organized and my toddler tearing everything out of place every ten minutes. I don't even get a chance to finish putting things away and I turn around and hes got other things out and strewn across the floor. I find myself having to put a lot of the toys away where he can't see them so that he isn't always making a mess, but at the same time want him to be able to access the toys he wants to play with without having to always go grab them for him. So far I have settled with he can play with only the toys I have put in the toy organizer, then rest can be put away for only occasional use, when I actually have the energy to keep up with his constant havoc on my living room. I am also looking into getting a massive case for storing DVD so that we don't always have to worry about him pulling all our movies out whenever we go to the bathroom. Maybe even a secondary one for our video games. =D Now to go through all his clothes to see what actually still fits him and what has gotten too small. As much as its nice to have clothes for him HE HAS WAY TOO MUCH!!!! He has more clothes than me and his father combined! Of course the clothes we have for our daughter is amounting to quite a bit and she isn't even born yet. Lol. I will be going through all of the stuff we have and keeping only the stuff I know we will need and that will be my project for the evening.

1 comment:

  1. That is always the battle! We do toy rotations, otherwise Toy Story would be taking over my house!!

    ReplyDelete