Welcome!

My name is Melissa and I am a single mother of two beautiful children.
I have a wonderful son who is 3 and a half and a daughter who is two. I am blogging my life as I learn to adjust my life from one step to another and trying to find a way to keep up with my artistic hobbies while doing it.

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Homemade Fun!

So as usual, I went to the Healthiest Babies Possible group on Tuesday! I love it because it is fun and educational for both myself and my son. This week we learned how to make playdough that is safe for your toddler. (Meaning if they eat it they wont get sick.) It was amazingly simple, fast and can last up to months as long as stored in a ziploc bag or an air tight container. I thought this is so amazing that I will share the recipe they taught us on here.

Simple Homemade Playdough:

1 1/2 cup flour to start (may need to add more by little bits to get the right consistency you desire)
1/2 cup salt
1 pkg Kool-aid or you can use food coloring
2 tsp. cream of tartar
1 cup boiling water
2 tbsp. oil

Whisk dry ingredients in bowl.
Mix oil with boiling water in measuring cup. (add food coloring to water if thats what you used.)
Slowly pour liquid ingredients into bowl with dry ingredients and mix.
Knead to desired consitency.
(If you want you can also add essentiol oils such as lavender for scented playdough.)

Keep stored in ziploc bags or air tight containers for longer lasting playdough


I hope some of you enjoy this as much as I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment